"The level of autonomy is perfect: they are willing to answer any questions and help as much as you need, but will not just feed you the answer."
Digital Marketing & Data Analysis Summer Internship
What's This All About?
Perfect Search offers a Digital Marketing Internship that provides interns with experience in a client-facing digital marketing agency.
This internship includes responsibilities like learning pay-per-click advertising/search engine marketing (PPC/SEM) and social media advertising, as well as search engine optimization.
At Perfect Search, we love our interns! In fact, many of our current employees began here as interns. This position is a great stepping stone for professional growth.
Location of Internship: Remote
Duration of internship: Flexible, 3 months preferred (timing TBD based on availability)
Availability: Flexible, min 3 days preferred
Available for course credit
What You'll Learn
- Best practices within PPC/SEM, SEO, and social media advertising
- Work within tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Search Console, and more
- Manage cross-channel digital marketing campaigns across Google, Bing, Facebook, and more
- Complete tasks crucial for successful digital marketing campaigns, including (but not limited to) conducting keyword research, metadata implementation, account keyword builds, client reports, and optimizations within PPC accounts
- Advanced data analysis
- Communication skills, improved through mock calls, contribution in internal meetings, and potential participation in client meetings
- Work with fun people in a fun atmosphere; interest in ping pong & yoga a plus!
"My experience at Perfect Search™ has helped me learn a part of marketing that is growing at a rapid pace and I will always be grateful for being exposed to such great information so early on in my career."
"Learned how to do client reports and the mock calls are really helpful."
"Perfect Search™ has a cohesive, dedicated and welcoming environment, which made me enjoy and look forward to coming into office."
"The company culture is passionate and diligent but fun-loving and inclusive"
"The Perfect Search™ internship gave me all the skills I needed to land my next three positions - you'll definitely learn a lot"
"In the end, I even got to report to a real client. That kind of experience is rare for most internships."
"I enjoyed this internship because of the people that work at Perfect Search™. Everyone was so willing to help me with any questions I had about PPC, SEO, or the program in general. The structure of the training was great, with constant one-on-ones with team members and hands-on tasks that are used for actual clients, instead of just busy work. I felt included and welcomed from the start of day 1 until the end of the program! I learned a ton and can't wait to apply what I learned to future jobs and experiences."
"During my time as an intern at Perfect Search™, I was able to learn so much information to help further my career. With a mix of instruction and hands-on projects, the learning experience was top notch. Perfect Search™ also has a very positive work culture that allowed me to feel comfortable and part of the team. All of these elements combined made my internship a satisfying and rewarding few months that gave me skills that will last a lifetime."
"Perfect Search Media™ allowed me to develop both professionally and personally. The internship program was well developed and provided the perfect amount of training and hands-on experience working with real data to deliver to the clients."
"Perfect Search™ knows how to challenge and guide interns so that they grow and learn on their own. As an intern, the team invests a great deal of energy and effort into you so that you can truly walk away with tangible Digital Marketing skills."
"At Perfect Search™, I felt like an equal part of the team. I was consistently busy with real, client-related deliverables, while the company remained invested in my personal internship experience and understanding of the Digital Marketing industry."
"The Perfect Search Media™ internship was the best step I made to invest in my future during my undergraduate studies. During my time at Perfect Search™, I got a ton of hands-on experience, one-on-one attention and jumpstarted a portfolio of work that has been a huge advantage in my post-graduate career opportunities. The internship at Perfect Search™ is so well thought out that I immediately felt like a valued part of the team!"
“My time at Perfect Search Media™ truly set me up for success and I will forever be grateful for my time there. Having the opportunity to go through extensive training and being able to creatively contribute to the team by working with real world clients was an amazing way to build my portfolio and my skill set.”
"During my internship at Perfect Search Media™ I learned many valuable skills and knowledge. From organizational skills to industry knowledge. The team was extremely helpful throughout every step of the process, being extremely inclusive, and always having fun! I’m very happy in my current role as a Business Development Manager and look to further develop skills and relationships at Perfect Search™."
"The Perfect Search Media™ team team cares about its interns as members of the family. Not only did I get to learn about and apply methods of SEO, PPC and content strategy, but I also had the opportunity to get close to a hard-working and super-fun group of professionals. Perfect Search™ invests in interns so that I finished my experience knowing I'd learned a lot while being creative and earning priceless experience. And the endless free food, weekly meetings, and company off-sites were a major bonus! More than just about any other internship, I felt like my hard work was valued and that I made a real impact in my life and others'."
"As an intern at Perfect Search™ I was able to learn all about digital marketing and improve my design skills while working on a variety of projects from internal marketing to client work. Everyone on the Perfect Search™ team is incredibly hardworking, friendly and supportive. I am so grateful that I got the opportunity to be a part of the amazing team!"
What You Need
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Detail oriented and organized
- Highly self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Strong desire to work in digital marketing
- Working toward or completion of a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics or related field preferred but not required!
- Unlimited vacation days
- WFH the week between Christmas and New Year’s
- WFH the Monday after Lollapalooza (A.K.A when you need it the most)
- Flexible Remote Schedule
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
- Weekly team-building
- Birthday treats (go wild!)
- The ability to DJ in the office
- Volunteer opportunities
- Fitness challenges
- Quarterly social events
- Quarterly ping-pong tournaments
Full-Time Company Perks
- Medical premiums covered at 85%
- Dental premiums covered at 80%
- Vision, life, and AD&D premiums covered at 100&
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Commuter benefits
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Opportunities to pursue company-sponsored education
- Healthy (and occasionally not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks provided
- Thursday breakfasts
- Access to the Perfect Search library
- Casual dress code
- Employee recognition program
- Prime River North location
- A short walk from the Grand Red Line station
- Access to a beautiful courtyard, perfect for lunch on nice days
- Near Jewel, Trader Joe’s and the Post Office
- Too many lunch options (Eataly, Shake Shack, Sweetgreen, Chipotle, the list
- Personal work laptops
- Dual monitors
- Laptop stands
- Standing desks