Team Member Spotlight: Trevor Adrian
Let’s all get to know Perfect Search Media’s SEO and Content Analyst Trevor Adrian!
1) What’s your favorite part of your job so far? What’s the most challenging part of your job so far?
Working with Excel each day is easily my favorite. No matter if a client needs help with technical, on-site, or off-site SEO, Excel is where a lot of the work can be done. What’s most challenging is keeping up with the constant updates to search algorithms and knowing if a website is going to be impacted by them or not.
2) What’s the best business advice you’ve ever received?
Don’t ever get comfortable as it’s a sign you have stopped testing yourself and improving.
3) Imagine you get to host a pop-up restaurant for one night. You get to totally design the menu, the drinks, and the location. Describe it to us.
Hosted at the base of the Matterhorn, I would serve only wagyu steak, sushi, and cheese, all paired with a traditional old-fashioned cocktail.
4) If you could run SEO for one company, who would it be? What would you want to do for them?
If I could run SEO for one company, it would be almost any of the startups on Shark Tank. I like the energy that startups inherently bring and I think it would be fun to work in a fast-paced environment like that. Also, it would likely be a pretty clean slate to do SEO work and to really build out a strategy for typically very niche brands.
5) Describe your hometown and name 3 landmarks you’d take someone to if they were visiting.
Good ol’ Cheyenne, Wyoming, a city that’s really only there because it’s at the intersection of two major interstates and railway systems. I would start at the old train station downtown because it is a beautiful building. Then we’d move on to the Terry Bison Ranch; it’s a little outside of town, but it’s really cool to see that many bison and they have lots of gift shops and activities. Finally, in the evening I’d take us to the water tower. It is the highest point in town and overlooks the whole city and is really pretty at night!
6) What surprises you the most about digital marketing?
I knew coming into this industry that it was everchanging, but I didn’t realize how often it changes. Sure keeps things interesting and fun, though!
7) If you could have your own version of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, what would you do?
Honestly, the movie was so good, I would probably want to mimic that as closely as possible.
We love our Perfect Search team. While we’re all different, our team loves fierce kickball games, a good ping-pong rivalry, and Thursday meetings featuring Catchphrase and Summer Shandys. Find out more about our employees, our culture, and our personality here.