Test Your Internet Knowledge With Our Quiz!
To be honest, the internet as an entity is still baffling to me. I used to think that I had to download Google Chrome from iTunes and that the global internet history was all saved on a Windows 98 desktop computer in a dusty room somewhere. Now, I know better. (Sort of. Is it saved somewhere? The Cloud?)
Anyway, in honor of the World Wide Web’s 30th birthday, we’re quizzing you on your internet knowledge. Hopefully all your screen time has taught you something. P.S. Scroll to the end for answers!
Test your internet knowledge
1) First order of business: Is the internet the same thing as the World Wide Web?
2) Speaking of screen time, how long does the average American spend online daily?
A. 3 hours
B. 6 hours
C. 4 hours
3) How many websites exist (as of October 2018)?
A. 4.2 trillion
B. 8.1 billion
C. 1.9 billion
4) How long is the average internet user’s attention span?
A. 8 seconds
B. 4 seconds
C. 10 seconds
5) What was Google’s ad revenue in Q4 2018?
A. $41.7 billion
B. $32.6 billion
C. $23.4 billion
6) Who’s the second highest paid celebrity influencer on Instagram?
A. Selena Gomez
B. Kylie Jenner
C. Justin Bieber
7) How many Google searches are performed per day?
A. 3.8 billion
B. 9.3 billion
C. 5.6 billion
8) When was the first YouTube video uploaded?
9) The majority of internet traffic is generated by bots.
10) Which country has the fastest internet?
1:B, 2:C, 3:C, 4:A, 5:B, 6:A, 7:C, 8:C, 9:A, 10:C
Kayla Hammersmith is a huge fan of Nancy Drew computer games and swears that she can do a very specific impression of Pal, the dog from Arthur. You might often find her snacking on goat cheese as she dreams of one day becoming a cellist savant.